Monday, November 17, 2008

Oooooh I am so excited!!!

The SEW must go on!!! OK, so for the past few days I have been sick and I really have just been laying here feeling crappy and feeling sorry for myself... but while I was doing that, I of course was sewing because its practically impossible for me to sit down and not have something in my hands.

So a few new things I made, let me know what you think!

Stuffed flowers... I'm thinking I can link them together to make bracelets, hang one as a pendant.. made a tiny one that worked wonders as an earring, big ones are practically perfect pincushions, and I even think they would be FAB as rings! I embellished them with leftover pearls, glass beads, and buttons.. I love them so much!!





The second thing I started messing with was pinwheel ornaments and pins.. I saw these years ago on a MACY's tree.. they had GIANT metal pinwheels all over this tree and I always remember how beautiful it was.. so I decided to mess around with it and see what I could come up with and this is what I ended up doing! So I made this set, the green with the pink cotton voile for my tree... but I also made a turquoise one with a bit of blue and yellow floral to use as a pin on my new black cotton jacket! Its a beautiful jacket.. but it needs some punch, especially when I wear it over.. black. I wear alot of black, lol. I am so thrilled with how they turned out! I think its a bit late to sell them this year, for Christmas.. but I am hoping everyone responds to them well, because I would love to work on them all year and come out with a whole line to sell at Christmas craft fairs and on ETSY. I adore them!





Third thing... these cute little birdies!! This is a pattern I have been messing with for eternity.. I found a pattern I liked online, but it didnt come out right, no matter how many times I tried.. so I decided to use some guidelines I actually found in a japanese felt craft book. I'm not 100% happy with the face/beak yet, and I want to add wings, maybe feathers to the tail, eyes... but this is a start! I just LOVE the color combo!!



Last but not least, purely because I am so excited to see my kids reactions to it on Christmas.. another piece of their giant "felt play food" set!

No comments:

Post a Comment